Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It Wednesday again. Time flies in our house and another week as passed. So I'm heading over to see Lee at Freshly Pieced for another WIP Wednesday. 

So this week as been a bit productive for me. I was able to catch up with some great friends on Sunday for my monthly sew and chat. Unfortunately not everyone was available this week. But the upside was I was able to get some sewing done. 

I finished sewing together the top of my friend's baby quilt using Crazy Mom Quilts 36 patch QAL. It just came together and was so much fun.

It was also recommended to me that I show the next picture of my hexagons differently as when I take a photo of the quilt on my floor its hard to see how big the quilt has got. I'm using 2" finished hexagons and the actual size of the quilt planned is about lap size so its coming together quickly and the colour grading has been fun. I've added the next row of color in the past week.


The weather has started to warm up here and the days have been glorious. I thought that I would capture the beautiful morning for you all. Of course the morning doesn't seem right without the daily swing outside in the beautiful sunshine.


Our family is also celebrating a birthday this week. Happy Birthday Mum for Friday. She happens to be a quilter too and is busily working away on a quilt for my Nan who can no longer quilt. Anyhow I thought that I would buy her another gadget ruler and a charm pack to play with.

10 comments:

  1. The hexagons are just gorgeous! Do you hand piece them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kylie. Lol.
    A much better perspective.
    I hope Dawn doesn't read your blog or she will see what you got her.
    Liam looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great deal of difficulty getting good pictures of my quilts too. The angle and perspective are all crazy and I need to find a better place to take photos but I am not too sure where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet baby quilt! They are going to love it. I'm in 'Ah' over your hexi quilt. It's looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby quilt is super cute, and those hexagons, well, they are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your 36 patch QAL and hexie quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexagons are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love that 36-patch, and the hexies are really coming along. I'm glad you gave us a perspective on the size. I thought it was much smaller. The way you are doing the color in it is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your 36-patch and your hexies. Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.