I was completely taken by surprise when Candace from Double Nickel Quilts nominated me for the versatile blogger award.
I have been feeling pretty ordinary lately, can just can't seem to shake off whatever I have. Third lot of antibiotics that are stronger than the last. Being nominated brought a smile to my face and even DH was happy for me. Thanks heaps Candace.
So part of this award is identifying 7 things about yourself that no one else may know about you. So here I go :)
1. I started quilting in 2005 and learnt with my Mum. We did a beginners class together. I learnt the whole process over 5 weeks from cutting to piecing to basic straight line quilting using my own machine.
2. I am a proud stay at home Mum of 2 kids but one of them is not my biological child.
3. I have an addiction to coffee.
4. My first fabric ranges I fell in love with was 1800 Reproductions.
5. I want to learn to free motion quilt on my Janome but have always been too scared to give it a go. I don't like not having the control that you get from straight line quilting.
6. I have a notebook that I carry around with me so I can record my ideas, patterns, and aspects of my quilting. It's like my little black book.
7. I'm planning a trip to US for my 40th birthday. No DH, no kids and all the quilt shops or quilty things I can fit in to my trip. Only 3 years and 11 months to go.
So now for the other part to the award. I have to nominate 15 other bloggers for this award as well. If you get an email from me, congratulations. There is no commitment to even accept the award. Just email me back and let me know if you plan to be the next Versatile Blogger or not.
I have nominated the following blogs:Crazy Mom Quilts
Quilting is my Down Time