Wednesday, May 2, 2012

W.I.P. - April Finishes

I known that I've been a bit absent this month. I've had a great time away with the kids over Easter. I have even managed to finish off a couple of quilts, a bingo card, my modern mini mystery round robin and a wall hanging. This month has been very productive indeed. I also have a raffle quilt bound and have nearly finished sewing the binding by hand.

So as it is Wednesday I thought that I would head over and visit Lee at Freshly Pieced to link up with W.I.P. Wednesday.

First quilt finished was Rectangles and Patches. It has been made as a baby quilt. It doesn't have an owner as yet but it was a pattern I played with after seeing a picture in a magazine. The best part was I used up some stash to make it. Because its only a baby size, there is not much fabric that goes into the quilt overall. But in saying that, I only had small quantities of the brights so it was a perfect pattern to use small pieces up.

Rectangles and Patches
Finished Quilt Size: 40" X 44'
Fabric:  Scraps from variety of Jan Mullen's fabrics and white solid. Binding was Seascape in Yellow and Orange and I used a theme fabric for the backing from the movie "Cars".
Pattern: Inspired by a quilt I saw in a Magazine for a shop advertisement.
Quilting: Straight line quilting. I echoed the seam lines of the quilt top. The overall pattern looks like a plaid pattern.

Completed: April 2012

Daydreams was my second Jelly Roll Race Quilt that I made on one of my Midday to Midnight Madness sessions. They are such a great quilt to make as you get some instant satisfaction knowing that you can go home with a finished quilt top.
Daydreams
Finished Quilt Size: 48.5" X 65"
Fabric:  Daydreams by Deb Strain for Moda in a jelly roll. Backing is fabric from the range Toys, toys, toys and the binding is a gorgeous pink from Anna Griffin.
Pattern: Jelly Roll Race Quilt
Quilting: Straight line quilting.
Made for: Yvonne. She recently lost her husband and when presented with the quilt was so honored. Her first comment was how lovely it would be to keep her warm.
Completed: April 2012

I love quilt making and watching the process evolve. Its nice to see them finished too. I have a few projects that are close to the end and I want to get them done and dusted so I can play around with more fabric and some patterns I have floating around in my head.

3 comments:

  1. It does sound like you had a productive month! Both your quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great! I agree- it feels so good to finish a project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love both of your finishes. Of course the bright one caught my eye immediately.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.