Friday, January 11, 2013

1st Quarter FAL for 2013

So its time to set myself my first quarter challenge to finish off some long overdue projects for 2013. I've decided to mix it up a bit for me so that I have a variety of things I really need to finish this quarter for sure. I want them done, done, dusted!!

So here they are and what I need to do to get them finished.

Project 1: Hannah's Quilt
I was making this as a commission quilt for a friend from my Mother's group. The family moved away from the area so I decided to make it as a gift instead. It was started in March 2011.

To finish it off
1. Piece the backing together
2. Raw applique around the letters and hexagon flowers
3. Baste
4. Quilt 
5 Bind

Project 2: Car Mat
This project goes with Hannah's quilt for her big brother Will. I started quilting in 2011 and put it away to do other projects. Not much left to do but just no motivation.

To finish it off
1. Finish Quilting
2. Bind

Project 3: Thomas Quilt Number 2
I wanted to make Will this quilt as he just loves Thomas. Super easy to finish and get done as its only 3 steps involved.

To finish it off
1. Baste
2. Quilt
3. Bind

The first three projects are my top priority for the quarter. 

Project 4: Liam's log cabins
This quilt was supposed to be for the birth of my son. He turns 4 in February and still it is not finished. I'm naughty I know. Its time to dust off the cobwebs and get it done. Its made from a kit I received as a Christmas present because I love it from the Fat Quarter Shop. I think I received this gift in 2007. I started this project after he was born but its never been finished.

To finish it off
1. Piece the blocks together
2. Add the borders
3. Baste
4. Quilt
5. Bind


Project 5: Hexagon Bag
This bag is my EPP project. Its my addiction, hexagons. I started this late last year. Its made with a variety of pinks from the 1800 reproduction fabrics. 



To finish if off
1. Piece together the second side 
2. Quilt the pieces
3. Make the bag
4. Purchase the handles

Project 6: Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin


 I joined this group in 2012 to try out something new. This is the top I received back from my fellow bloggers from countries such as France and USA. 


So its now time to get it finished and on my wall.

To finish it off
1. Baste
2. Quilt
3. Bind

I think I'm in for a busy quarter. Sorry about the photos. The finished products should look 100% better.









4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to watching you finish these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh , I remember those........lol.
    I'm glad they are going to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a busy quarter, but at least you are giving yourself a quarter. I have seen some lists like this for just a month. I think that is crazy. Yours is more doable, but it will be intense, what with the way real life intrudes on creative time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh,
    Look at all those projects happening!!!
    Love the boy quilt with the monster trucks.
    Clever you.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.