Monday, May 16, 2011

Quilted Fabric Basket Swap

I was so proud of myself this weekend as I managed to finish the quilted fabric basket. I love purple as it is one of my favourite colours. 


It is so cute. I love how the colours came together in the end. The recipient asked for purple and orange. I since found out that purple and orange are opposite colours on the colour wheel. But the colours are amazing together. It will be sad to see it go. 

I hope that the new owner will love it just as much as me.
 

For anyone interested in making their own quilted fabric basket, the instructions from the tutorial were really well done and it came together easily. It can be found at Greta's Quilting Studio. I plan to use this tutorial again soon. My daughter has requested one for Katy and it has to be rainbow colours as they are Katy's favourite colours.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kylie that is awesome.. I love how it has all come together.
    I will definately head over to the instructions and check it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming back to your post. The bag you have made is the best. You are so clever to have put your own spin on the pattern. I love your flowers and the colours and I just love it... I want one... well might have to finish a few things before I start on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basket is adorable. I saw that pattern on the quilting bloggers site as a challenge. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.