Monday, September 19, 2011

Charity Quilt

I was asked to make the charity quilt for my Facebook Quilt Block Swap Group for the April swap. I received 22 blocks all together. I managed to put together one of the quilt tops using 9 log cabin blocks. Here is the finished top. I really like this pattern  and how it came together. 


Now for the quilting. What to do??? I have never free motion quilted in my life before so I'm wondering what I will be doing with this one. Maybe I need to find a LQS that will do this for free seeing that it is being donated to charity.

I still have 12 blocks to sew together and have hit a wall. I'm unsure how to piece these blocks together and am seeking some guidance. They just don't seem to belong together like the last top. Help!!!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this will work, but this is what I would try. Are you familiar with the Field and Furrows layout for log cabin blocks?--if not just google it in images and you will see. I would try laying them out in that pattern with the colors scrambled up together, except for the two with the really dark browns. I would use those on the corners--choosing diagonally opposite corners. Just see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.