Sunday, September 4, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I having been wanting to post over the past week but DH and I have been busy with some spring cleaning and decluttering.

So for a recap. I had a fantastic time at the Midday to Midnight madness. I met an amazing bunch of women who made me feel very welcomed. There were some beautiful quilts being made by hand and machine. I can't wait for the next one in October. I plan to go back and this time the girls (myself and my daughter) are having a weekend away and the boys are batching it at home. So while I was there, I added more binding to the placemats and worked on the baby quilt using Crazy Mom Quilts 36 patch QAL. 

I also managed to work on my hexagons as well. The portable hexagons go everywhere.

But I have also managed at night to baste and piece the hexagons together to make some progress. As they are 2" finished, the quilt is coming together quickly for me.

And it wouldn't be a quilt trip away if I didn't buy some fabric. This is being put away for another hexagon project with 1/2" finished hexagons. I won't reveal too much but it will be some time before I start this project. More W.I.P.s to finish off before this gets to see some sunshine. I love civil war reproduction fabric. I have a very eclectic stash of fabric as I tend to have favourites from all different mediums.
So today is a special day for us. We celebrate Father's day in Australia. So for all those father's out there. Happy Father's Day.

So for the rest of the week, I'm going to be working on some W.I.P.s. I have too many things to finish off and I need to get them done and sent off or just completed so that I can do other things.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun get away. The 36 patch blocks are looking great. I love your new fabric purchases--blue and brown CW repro fabrics make me smile.
    Very cute family on that merry-go-round. Do you know them? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks for the quilt along!
    I enjoyed seeing your reproduction fabrics...I think I have most of the same selection!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.