Wednesday, November 23, 2011

W.I.P Wednesday

I'm back for a brief but excited W.I.P Wednesday. I have some great progresses to show off so I'm heading over to visit Lee at Freshly Pieced for another W.I.P Wednesday.

Where do I begin???

Being a Mum who works on various committees, I have been busy organising meetings and end of year activities. I have had a very slow internet connection which made it difficult to do anything or blog my craftiness for all to see. We've had a dance concert and rehearsals which went well. My little girl had a great time and loved dancing in her concert and dressing up. In amongst it all I managed to work on my hexagons. It helped to keep everything more sane and keep me on an even keel.

So for my show and tell.

My hexagon quilt. I have added the last row of 8. I have two color rows to complete and some backgrounds and I am finished. I am thinking that I would like to hand quilt this one with variegated Finca Grey pearl cotton. Now that I'm close to a finish I'm super excited.

I've also been working on some Ahhh hexies that Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks has been posting. I'm using 1.5" hexagons so mine are bigger but I'm enjoying the challenge. I have made a number of different blocks from the first two hexagons.
The Pointing Star

The Hexagon Star
Second Hexagon Star

The Columbia

Pieces ready for A Girlie Star

Hexagon shapes for A Girlie Star

There are 96 pieces for the next hexagon A Girlie Star. Aren't the pieces tiny and my hexagons finished are 1.5". For the people following Tonya's pattern and directions to the letter, their pieces will be smaller than mine.

Now if I can just find time to get on my machine. I have some projects to finish off and get sent away before Christmas and I definitely need to finish off this baby quilt. The baby is imminent and I have to quilt the top and get it done.

So here is my Prima Ballerina or as we called them last week our Lemurinas.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute little dancer! Congrats on your hexie progress, and I love the other hexie patterns you are working on. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, your ballerina is cute as can be. I still love that colorful hexagon quilt! It is so similar to what I drew out; so I have to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - all of your hexie projects are fabulous. Your daughter looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.