Friday, June 10, 2011

Hitting the summer highs with our US bloggers

If you're an avid blogger like me, you are probably aware that the US is in a summer frenzy. So in their own way to celebrate the summer season, there are a number of Quilt Along projects out and about for people to join up with. 
So to get away from the winter blues, cold days and frosty mornings, I have decided to focus on a couple of summer activities. So I joined with the Kaledioscope Quilt Along with Don't Call Me Betsy  


and the Synchronized Squares Quilt Along with P.S. I Quilt


So in case anyone was wondering what my fabric choices are I plan to use Sandy Gervais' Lollipop range for the Kaledioscope QAL 

and Kate Spain's Terrain for the Synchronized Squares QAL.

If you're curious about how I was able to get a layer cake of this fabric range when its not released until October at the Fat Quarter Shop I happened to stumble across it when I was looking for a layer cake at a great online shop called The Fabric Patch here in Australia. They sell Moda precuts and other items of interest. I have shopped there before and have received great service and great prices for fabric in Australia. Fabric here is not the same prices as the US but occasionally you can get a bargain or even something desirable that you just want to drool over like the above fabric.

But in case neither of these QAL tickle your fancy. You just might be interested in this one from In Color Order. Jeni has an amazing view on colors and gradients of colors. Its definitely interesting but I'm not sure that I could handle another QAL.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. i was hoping to finish old projects this summer and now i just joined another quilt along. there are too too many fun projects out there.

    thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging comment about my Tis the Season blocks. These quilt alongs sound fun .. will have to check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your crazy patch. I have done smaller ones but I like the size of yours. Also like the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.