Wednesday, February 15, 2012

W.I.P Wednesday with bragging rights

I can definitely say that I've had a productive week. This just amazes me how much I can achieve in such a short time. So I've decided that I've earned some bragging rights to my W.I.P Wednesday post. So I'm heading over to visit Lee at Freshly Pieced for another W.I.P Wednesday.

So for my bragging, I have two quilt tops finished this week.
My children were invited to a birthday party on Sunday and I made the birthday boy his own quilt using tractor fabric. You can read about it here. This quilt is now known as Tractor Derby.

I also completed my quilt top "Rainbow Charms". I'm in the throws of getting my backing finalised so I can start hand quilting this baby.

I also managed to cut more fabric to EPP more Rose Star Blocks in both fabric ranges on Tuesday afternoon as my son slept. I'm getting ready to take it away with me on my upcoming trip next weekend. DH and I are off to a wedding in Tasmania with no kids. Yep, I'm going to have some grown up time. I will be the first time in ages since the kids have had a sleep over with their Nanny and Poppy with no Mummy and Daddy. We will be away for 3 nights.

Time is ticking away and I'm still to complete the wedding quilt. My plan is to work on it tonight for sure. Have to finish off the blocks so that I can complete the quilt top. Time is ticking. I'm unsure whether I will have a completed top for the wedding but I hope to take a photo for their card.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your productivity--and enjoy that grown-up getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rainbow charms is darling- just love all that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, you have all the reason to brag this week! Love how the rainbow charms top turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Rainbow Charms quilt. It's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rainbow charms quilt is just to die for! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow charms quilt is lovely. Totally caught my eye at Freshly pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropping by through WIP Wednesday. Love your rainbow charms. The colors just pop right off the quilt! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Two finished quilt tops - that's progress! Love the rainbow charms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be shouting from the roof tops if I had made that gorgeous rainbow charms quilt!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurry, scurry lil' mouse to get that quilt done before enjoying some "big people" time with other adults! Enjoy.

    Your rainbow quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bragg away - your rainbow charms is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you are running out of time for the wedding quilt, but even if it is a late gift, it is something the couple will be sure to cherish.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.