Friday, March 16, 2012

Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin


This is one of the latest swaps out there. Its a round robin mystery being hosted by Michele from Quilts from My Crayon Box.

Basically the concept of this mystery is very simple. I start the round robin off by making a 6.5" unfinished block that will be passed around to 7 different participants (I will be number 8) in my group. I will receive a block once a month and I add a border between 1" or 2" finished to the block or other borders depending what I receive each month.

The finished size will be no longer than 34" square. I will receive back a table topper or wall hanging depending on how it looks when I get the finished round robin back. I will also have no say in what fabrics my partners use or how it will look overall.

I also need to be really sneaky and not show too much of what I've added to my partner's works in progress. Its supposed to be a revealed surprise at the end.

My fabrics have been located and all cut for piecing. I'm making a paper foundation pieced block that you guess it...6.5" unfinished. It's on my list to get finished asap so I can send it off to my group pals.


There are still spots available if you are interested. Go and see Michele if you are.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about this on your blog. I think it is going to be a blast and I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.