Wednesday, March 14, 2012

W.I.P Wednesday

It's that time of the week again. Bloggers from all around head over to visit Lee at Freshly Pieced for W.I.P Wednesday.

I have a confession. I am completely exhausted this week. Master L has taken to waking early again. So from 5:30am onwards our day (or should I say Mummy's day) generally begins when my darling cherub wakes up. Oh how I miss my sleep in. (I can call 7am a sleep in at our house)

So moving along...this week there has been a W.I.P finish. Yes that's right. I have finished another completed quilt. It went to its new owner on Sunday. The little girl in question celebrated her 5th birthday. This W.I.P started out as a challenge set by Moda Bakeshop and I never finished it until now. You can read more about it here.

I finished off Rose Star 4 using my 1800 reproduction fabrics. I have more cut but not basted.
With all the early mornings, DH was kind enough to let me go and have a lesson on a new project. I had so much fun. Now I have another W.I.P. Thanks to my special friend Michelle who hosted the lesson. You are the best and I just love your sewing space. Super jealous.

I spent the morning with Miss A at Kindergarten. It was my turn to help out. I cut up some hexagon shapes Tuesday afternoon for make some hexagon flowers. The little ones had fun pasting the material shapes into hexagon flowers on paper. Not everyone joined in but there was much enjoyment had by all who participated. I had fun too.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you used hexies in your activity in the classroom. Shouldn't come as any surprise, right? : )
    Very interesting woven look to the new project. Where does it go from there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, 5:30 a.m.! I don't do well at that time of day, LOL. Love your monkey tumbler quilt! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Love the sweet hexie flowers that you did with the children- great idea getting them keen at an early age! Your new project looks really cool- look forward to seeing it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt! You have my sympathy and empathy with the early starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great monkey quilt!! And your rose star is beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, sleep deprivation is so tough. Hopefully things get better soon.

    I love your tumbler finish! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on completing the Monkey quilt! Its super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get up way to early, but it show what can be achieved.
    Like the funky monkey quilt really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects.Love the tumbler quilt and the hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.