Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anyone interested??

Happy Easter!

As I sit at my Mum's house contemplating all the projects I have waiting to complete, I remember finding a blog that encouraged people completing a similar project to join together to complete the project as a Block of the Month (BOM).

So I decided to put it out to all bloggers. I currently have a completed kits of Kookaburra Cottage Christmas Cards


I joined up to complete the quilt with Country Pickin's. They were using a Christmas range by Nancy Halvorsen. I just loved the fabric and had to join. The finished quilt size is 68" x 68".

I have actually finished Block one which is the Santa. I will post a photo before the BOM starts to show my progress on the quilt blocks.

So starting in July 2011, and I know that it won't be ready for Christmas this year, I am asking other people if they are interested in joining me if they already have this pattern or BOM to complete that project as a group. The BOM is a 10 month project. People can take less time or more time to finish off their blocks. There will be no race to the finish. All I am asking is if there are any interested parties in joining me on this Christmas journey to complete the quilt or small wall hangings or however you would like to finish off the blocks.

In Australia, we celebrate Christmas in July (as it is winter here), so it seemed appropriate to start of this group. I will organise the group to run from July 2011 - July 2011. Photos of your blocks and progress can be put up on Flickr and my blog.

I'm keen if you are. Just leave me a comment to let me know if you would like to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.