Monday, April 11, 2011

Friendship Block Swap


I recently posted that I was part of my local quilt group's Friendship Block Swap.

Well as it happened, my first friendship block happened to be my mother's block. She wanted a Christmas block using applique so that she can make herself a Christmas quilt when she receives all the blocks back.

So I just happened to find an gorgeous block from an old Homespun magazine and I used the fabric Mum supplied in her box (We have our friendship blocks in a pizza box - unused of course - and put in fabric to help our friends complete the blocks).

Here is her finished block


My next swap is a stitchery of a house that comes from Anni Downs's A Gardener's Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.