Thursday, April 28, 2011

Challenge between Friends

So I have this awesome friend who I have got to know over the past couple of years. We both share a love of patchwork and quilting. She recently moved away for all different reasons (6 hours and interstate) and I don't get to see her much anymore. Thanks for Facebook and blogging.

In our recent discussions, she hinted that she wanted to be involved in a challenge. So I put on my thinking cap and made up a challenge, which she accepted. YEAH!!!!!

Current Challenge:
We would each make the other a lap size quilt which measures 48" x 60" and uses 20 blocks.

The conditions are the following:

1. Each person would purchase 30cm of two different fabrics that they would like to see as a feature in their quilt. You have until the 15th May to find the fabric that you would like in your quilt. It can be any colours, patterns, etc. It is entirely your choice about what you would like to have. 

The fabric is then sent to the other person.

2. Both parties would make the same block. I chose the bottom block as it is easy and only lots of half square triangles. 

3. You have to use some of your own stash in the quilt and are not allowed to purchase any further fabric to make the quilt other than the backing, binding and wadding. The quilt is supposed to be scrappy and the other person has discretion about how the chosen fabrics fit in.

4. Each person has to quilt the quilt themselves as part of the gift.

5. We have until September school holidays 2011 to finish the quilt. We will have an unveiling and catch up them.

6. We have to blog about it so that we can show each other our progress but don't reveal to much as it would be awesome to see a surprise at the end. We will take a photo of each of us holding up our respective quilts and put it on our blogs.


How much fun and I going to have????

Can't wait to begin. First step finding my fabric......

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what fabric you choose and I get to play with. Hope I can live up to the challenge....
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, what to buy????

    I'm sure whatever you make will be great. I'm going to love making a quilt for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.